This blog page is dedicated to my paintings of the White Mountains. There is a long history of painters who have visited and painted in the White Mountains. One of those painters was a Portlander, Harrison Bird Brown. He found this subject matter as exciting as he found the seacoast of Maine. I feel the same. I was born in New Hampshire, graduated from the University, spent my childhood visiting grandparents there and a lot of time skiing on these mountains. As I get older I feel a very strong connection to this area and am very lucky to be able to paint there several times a year.

First Snow Mt Washington


6x12, acrylic on canvas
Eastern Slope of Mt Washington in October
For more information on this painting please visit my website: http://www.kathleendaughan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment