This blog page is dedicated to my paintings of the White Mountains. There is a long history of painters who have visited and painted in the White Mountains. One of those painters was a Portlander, Harrison Bird Brown. He found this subject matter as exciting as he found the seacoast of Maine. I feel the same. I was born in New Hampshire, graduated from the University, spent my childhood visiting grandparents there and a lot of time skiing on these mountains. As I get older I feel a very strong connection to this area and am very lucky to be able to paint there several times a year.

Mt Washington, hour studies

Four watercolor studies. 4x6. Mt Washington by the hour. You can see more about these paintings on my website: http://www.kathleendaughan.com/
Mt Washington, sunrise
Mt Washington, noon

Mt Washington, sunset


Mt Washington, twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment